Call Today for a FREE Consultation!


Contact Us


Call for Free Consultation

(858) 935-6211

[gravityform id="11" name="Contact Us Fixed" title="false" description="false" ajax="true"]

Q:  My common law wife of 23 years abducted our 6 year old son 600 miles away (in state) without my consent. I filed a missing persons report with the police and they have not responded. What should I do?


Before dealing with the abducted child you parental rights need to be established judicially.  California does not recognize common law marriages.  We would need to file a petition to establish paternity and also get you a court date for custody and visitation.  Right now since there is no court order that lays out any specific rules on your parenting, the police will not do anything.  You need to get a court order in place to protect yourself in the future.

Posted in: Child Custody, Family Law, Paternity

FAQs by Category:

Articles by Category:

Blogs by Category:

  • Testimonials

    • photo

      I was very happy with Mr. Fischer and his team! They helped me in a time of crisis and made sure the outcome was in my favor. Thank you s ...More

      Thomas Zachary
    • photo

      Thank you Mr. Fischer!!! I would and have recommended this Michael Fischer to friends. I had a very difficult divorce/child custody. He a ...More

      Elizabeth Mila
    • photo

      I was dealt with a man for over 2 years who was only concerned with breaking me and reducinghis support payments fo rhis children, Mr. Fi ...More

      David Sebastian
    • photo

      My wife and I started our divorce over two years ago, and I was at a stand still with my wife and my attorney at the time had no plan. I ...More

      Gabriel Dylan
    • photo

      I wanted to take a moment and thank Mike Fischer my divorce attorney for all that he did for me. He made a very difficult time much easie ...More

      Kaylee Victoria
    • photo

      Going through my custody battle was very emotionally trying. I was lucky to have choosen Fischer & Van Thiel to help me protect the m ...More

      Mithila Parker