San Diego Decreasing Child Support Lawyers
Child support is often a very important and somewhat contentious aspect of divorce or separation. This is especially the case when:
- One party feels that he or she is being asked to pay too much
- One party feels or that the other party is misrepresenting his or her circumstances.
- One party feels that the other will abuse the funds
After a support order has been issued, there may be instances when it is appropriate or necessary to seek alternations which will better reflect the actual financial circumstances of both parents. If you believe that you should have to pay less child support than you are paying now, you should contact a lawyer today.
At Fischer & Van Thiel, LLP, we are committed to helping our clients to gain a more reasonable disposition of child support payments. In order to discuss your current child support payments and whether or not you are eligible for decreased child support payments, contact our experienced San Diego child support decrease attorneys. Call us today at 858-935-6211.
How We Can Help
In order to have your child support payments officially reduced by a judge, you will have to prove that your financial circumstances have changed such that you are no longer able to afford the payments or that your child’s custodial parent’s financial situation has changed such that he or she can afford to contribute more. You will need to show documentation to prove at least one of the following:
- The custodial parent’s household income has increased
- You have lost your job, have become disabled, have new medical bills, etc., and are unable to continue the current level of support
- Your child’s circumstances have changed and, as a result, he or she requires less money to live a comfortable life
The above list is only indicative of the kinds of things that may warrant a reduction in support payments, and we would encourage you to consult with a knowledgeable San Diego child support decrease attorney regarding your specific case.
For assistance in pursuing a more reasonable child support payment, contact the San Diego decreasing child support attorneys of Fischer & Van Thiel, LLP. To discuss your case, call us today at 858-935-6211.